Fine-Grained and Parameterized Approximation Algorithms Workshop 2020 (FG-PAAW’20)
July 7, 2020. Saarbrücken, Germany.
Welcome to FG-PAAW 2020
The Fine-Grained and Parameterized Approximation Algorithm Workshop 2020 is a part of ICALP 2020 satellite workshops, which will be held on July 7, 2020 in Saarbrücken, Germany.
Scope and Goals
Fined-Grained Complexity is the newly emerged area whose aim is to refine the theory of NP-completeness in the polynomial-time regime. The ultimate goal is to further classify polynomial-time solvable problems, both exactly and approximately, under new complexity assumptions, e.g., the Strong Exponential Time Hypothesis (SETH), the All-Pair-Shortest Paths (APSP) and the k-SUM conjecture. This young area can also be cast as the extensions and refinement of the classical areas of Parameterized Complexity, and Approximation Algorithms, which have rich literature and well-established algorithmic and proving techniques.
The main objective of FG-PAAW 2020 is to nourish the young area of fine-grained complexity and promote the extended study of parameterized complexity and approximation algorithms into the polynomial-time solvable regime.
Topics of Interest
- Fine-Grained Algorithms and Complexity.
- Parameterized Algorithms and Complexity.
- Approximation Algorithms and Hardness of Approximations.
- Subexponential-Time Algorithms.
- Lossly Kernelization
- Efficient Polynomial-Time Approximation Schemes.
The workshop will take place as a satellite workshop at ICALP 2020 in Saarbrücken, Germany on July 7, 2020. The exact location and time will be announced later.
- Contributed Talk Submission Deadline: April 30, 2020.
- Notification: by May 31, 2020.
- Early Registration Deadline: TBA
- Registration Deadline: TBA
- Workshop: July 7, 2020.
Please email the title and abstract with the subject “FG-PAAW 2020 Talk Submission” to .
- Bundit Laekhanukit, ITCS@SUFE
- Bingkai Lin, Nanjing University
Please send one of us an email with any questions regarding this workshop.